1/16/13

Te acuerdas?=Do You Remember When?


Hola Amigos I'm excited today to take a trip down memory lane with music and cartoons and show you my new Valentine's kitchen wreath.

I got my inspiration from  a classic song by Nazareth 'Love Hurts" and those funny cartoons and old movies when the husband sometimes used to come home a little tipsy and his wife was waiting to hear an explanation rollers on her head and rolling pin or frying pan at hand. Poor guy...but as the song goes...Love Hurts!
This wreath was meant to go in my kitchen and it started with your regular grapevine wreath we all have and these hearts from Target circa Christmas Clearance Sale 2011. But it was too sweet for me, it needed a bit more edge and why not a bit more, rock'n roll!

Here come the scrubbing brillo pads which by the way, now come in  beautiful colors almost too pretty to use for their intended purpose. I found them at my local Dollar Tree store.

So far so good, I embellished the scrubs with little heart picks, right in the middle so now they look like pretty flowers.

Now to the painful part of the equation. For almost a year I've been saving this little frying pan. I thought it was adorable and perfect for this projec. the only thing was that it was so heavy than  just to attach it it took a little bit of engineering for it not to fall and then causing "real pain" on somebody's foot to say the least. Ouch!

The design is tied together by this little banner made out of cutouts from paint chips leftover from a previous project. And of course it reads...Love Hurts!

What do you think? Isn't it lovely? It sure brings a smile to my face  every time I catch a glimpse of it...that and I can't stop singing the song ( I'm sure you are stuck with it too)

As I said, this is a kitchen wreath...but I don't see why you couldn't  use it as a "lovely outdoor reminder"  of what could happen if certain person decides to come home after approved hours, lol!


Hope you liked today's craft...as usual you guys know I don't take Valentine's too serious..it's all about having fun!


Besitos,
Lizy

Stirring the Pot of Love at these Fabulous Parties:


28 comments:

  1. I love your Valentine wreath! The frying pan is such a great touch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty! I am going to pin this. I hope I get around to it before Valentines. Thanks for sharing at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I love this! Thank you so much for joining me today for my first blog hop with "Inspiration in Progress". I hope you will join me next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath looks terrific!! And I LOVE that little frying pan!!!
    Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :))

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out so cute! I'm your newest Google+ follower and would love for you to link up at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase party!

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/01/saturday-show-licious-craft-showcase-16.html

    Hugs,
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marti! Thanks for visiting and for the invitation! I would love to stop by your blog and party!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for linking up to our SHOW-licious Craft Party!! I hope to see you again!!

      {HUGS}
      Marti

      Delete
  6. Just pretty as can be with all those fun colors!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party!
    Stacey at Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so darling. I'd love to have you link this up to my DIY Wreath blog. Hope to see you. Linda This is so pretty I pinned it also.

    http://diywreaths.com/sample-page/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizbeth - such a cute idea! I need to find the scrubbies and make one!

    Thank you for linking up to In and Out of the Kitchen!

    I am off to pin this and share it on my facebook.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Cynthia, you are too sweet!

      Delete
  9. That frying pan is too cute! Isn't it funny how we hang onto things like that for so long when we know we will use it some day? I do the same thing :) visiting from oldie but goodie blog hop. Love for you to stop by sometime. www.kraftinmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you only knew I was about to toss it, but of all people my husband told me to keep it just in case, lol..I owe him one! Thank you so much for visiting..will head over your blog shortly!

      Delete
  10. I love the frying pan on the wreath! Cute!

    T'onna @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/search/label/Submarine%20Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, so cute! I love your creativity :) Visiting from Bouquet Of Talent.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so great! I love your wreath and frying pan! It's adorable. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! Have a wonderful week.

    xoxo
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fun! I love how you added a pan! Great sense of humor... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Crystelle, like they say it's all fun and games until you are at the other end of the frying pan!!! LOL Thank You for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lizbeth, This is so cute! I love the heart in the frying pan! Thanks for linking up & hope to see you again soon. Theresa @ DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too cute! I came from the Marigolds' Loft party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute craft.
    Thank you so much for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The frying pan is such a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This wreath turned out so cute. I love the colored scrubbers & the frying pan is great.

    ReplyDelete